Jaguar XKR special edition launched
Every Jaguar XK represents a compelling combination of advanced engineering and cosseting luxury, yet the latest additions to the evolving range – the XKR Special Edition models – further enhance that luxury quality through the introduction of hand-crafted ‘Artisan’ interiors.
Available in both coupe and convertible form*, the Special Edition model’s Artisan interior introduces the use of tactile ‘scraffito’ finished leather to the front seats, instrument binnacle, door and rear quarter casings.
In combination with Poltrona Frau® leather headlinings, new veneer finishe in Shadow Walnut and standard features including a 525W Bowers & Wilkins sound system, 16 by 16 way adjustable heated Performance seats, a heated steering wheel and keyless entry/start, each Special Edition model promises a heightened level of opulence and comfort.
To complement the sumptuous use of materials, Jaguar’s design team, led by Director of Design Ian Callum, specified two exclusive Artisan interior colourways for the Special Edition models; Navy with Jet headlining and Truffle with Canvas headlining. Convertible hood colours have also been carefully selected and include Black, Blue, Grey and Brown. Special Edition treadplates and stainless steel pedals are additional discreet enhancements.
An exterior paint palette of six colours includes the exclusive Special Edition colour of Celestial Black, with Crystal Blue, Lunar Grey, Polaris White, Rhodium Silver and Ultimate Black being the alternative options. A new 20-inch alloy wheel design completes the exterior changes; the Orona wheels having a polished finish.
XK: an advanced choice
Whether in coupe or convertible form, each Special Edition model benefits from the advanced engineering techniques inherent to the entire Jaguar XKR range. Jaguar is industry-leading in its use of aluminium technology, and both coupe and convertible models utilise riveted and bonded aluminium monocoque construction that means light weight, exceptional rigidity and strength.
In combination with continuously variable adaptive damping – standard on all models – and 5.0-litre direct-injection V8 petrol engine in 510PS supercharged form, the result is a beautifully damped yet controlled ride, precise handling, and effortless performance when required.
- XKR models use Jaguar’s Adaptive Dynamics system which continuously monitors the suspension and, courtesy of active dampers, can alter damping rates up to 500 times a second to ensure optimal stability and handling with no loss of comfort. A driver selected ‘Dynamic’ mode works with the Adaptive Dynamics system to further increase body control while also sharpening throttle and gearshift responses
- The XKR additionally features Jaguar’s electronically-controlled active differential to maximise traction in all conditions
- Six-speed automatic transmissions also offer manual driver control via steering-wheel mounted paddles
- A seven-inch touch-screen is standard on all models and offers control of the navigation system and a range of other features
- Advanced safety features include Jaguar’s Adaptive Restraint Technology System – which helps ensure maximum driver and passenger protection ¬– and an innovative Pedestrian Contact Sensing System which raises the bonnet in the event of contact with a pedestrian to help prevent contact with hard points under the bonnet. Adaptive Front Lighting is an additional optional features that enhances safety