All new Bajaj Discover 125 unveiled
Bajaj Auto, the world’s third largest motorcycle company launched the ‘Discover 125 ST”designed to add a whole new dimension to the commuter segment. Elaborating on the company strategy, Sanjay Saraswat, GM Marketing, Bajaj Auto Ltd., said that for too long the average commuter had to be satisfied with boring bikes.
The new Discover Sports Tourer(ST) is all set to change this in a dramatic fashion.With the styling and performance of a sports bike, yet with the comfort and economy of a commuter bike, the “Discover ST”aims to redefine commuting from “Chalta Hai “to “Daudta Hai”.
Powered by Bajaj’s patented “DTS-i Twin Spark” technology, for the first time in this category, the engine is designed with 4 valves. The Bike delivers a record 13 PS of power, highest in the 125cc category, without compromising on fuel efficiency.Bajaj Auto’s patented “ExhausTec”Technology enhances drive-ability.
New features of the Discover 125 ST
• A five speed gear box ensures optimum power delivery, coupled with good fuel efficiency.
• Complementing the performance is a very sporty styling.
• The bike is defined by a chiselled muscular fuel tank.
• An aggressive fairing with sharp edged headlamp underlines the sporty look.
• Slender ribbed alloy wheels along with aluminium side sets add to the aesthetics.
• Comfort takes a new dimension with another first – a “Monoshock Nitrox Suspension”’
• A specially designed “Anti Vibration” frame ensures an enjoyable ride across all terrains.
• Another first is the “Petal Disc Brake” enhancing safety.
Commenting on the launch K Srinivas, President – Motorcycle Business, Bajaj Auto Ltd. said, “We believe that the average Indian commuter has to compromise a lot for fuel efficiency. With the Discover ST we are making a statement that mileage need not come with boring design and outdated features.
He further added, “The Sports Tourer is an everyday fun ride to work. We believe that the sporty evolution of the commuter categorywilloccur fast, and it is our intention to dominate this segment by introducing such breakthrough products.”