Mahindra Xylo facelift, mini Xylo caught testing
Mahindra will launch the Xylo siblings in 2012. The company will launch the Xylo facelift as the MPV competes there years in 2012. Launched in 2009 in January the Xylo was one of the very ambitious project of Mahindra and designed to give Toyota Innova some serious competition.
The Xylo came a lot of features but was not able to shake the market leader Innova from its position. The schene is going to change in 2012 with Maruti launching its new MPV Ertiga. To counter this Mahindra will launch the facelifted Xylo with many new features.
Some of the new features include
- Top of the line variant E9
- New headlights with orange reflectors
- Steering mounted controls: Cruise control, voice controls, audio and phone controls.
- And many more..
Another big launch from Mahindra’s stable is the mini Xylo which the company plans to launch early 2012. The new mini Xylo will compete in the compact car segment with the like of Wagon R and Ritz.
Some features of the Mini Xylo
- The Mini Xylo will get a 3-cylinder diesel engine
- 5 speed manual transmission
- Rear-wheel drive configuration
- 5 and 7 seat configuration (third row seats mainly for children)
- Boot space is comparable to a large hatchback
- 14inch Tyres
- Interiors will be same as the current Xylo
- Mileage close to 18 kmpl
- Will be spacious and have good leg room
Mahindra is currently focusing on the MUV/SUV segment. With the launch of these new MPV’s Mahindra will further increase its portfolio.
Image Source: TeamBHP